Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Sleep Over


For my birthday this year, my dearest friend, Louise, treated me to a Las Vegas vacation/show package. We went to see Phantom of the Opera, which she knows is one of my very, very favorites. It clearly was not a place appropriate for such a young puppy as Sergi, so I had to make arrangements for him to stay with someone during the three days I would be gone.

The first person who came to mind was my good friend Ann, who adopted my third puppy, Hefner. She is a great dog handler, knows the CCI commands, and is able to take the dogs to work with her. I crossed my fingers when I called and was thrilled when she answered "yes" to my request to puppy sit. Sergi was going to get to stay with his big brother for two nights and I was going to get to enjoy my birthday without worrying about my boy.

I was sorry that Sergi was not more reliably toilet-trained for his visit, but Ann was willing to deal with it anyway. I packed his overnight bag, filled it with familiar toys and food, and off he went last Wednesday for his adventure.

When I picked him up on Friday, Ann was still speaking to me and said that it had gone pretty well. Sergi had a couple of accidents, but did well for the most part. Ann was also puppysitting another dog, Clementine, which took the pressure off of Hefner to be Sergi's sole source of amusement. Sergi and Clem did very well, I heard, and the three of them tired each other out.

Ann made a slide show for me of Sergi's adventures. The captions on the pictures are just priceless, I wish I had her wit.


No comments: